In any market, a few companies stand out for their outstanding productivity and innovation in manufacturing or operation. One such firm is hosting on the Hostgator platform. The Houston-based corporation has created a reputation for itself by offering first-class, quick support when it comes to web hosting. In reality, while some businesses in the same industry take a long time to get you up and running with Hostgator, you will have your own website in only 10 minutes if you follow the following steps:
The first thing you need to do before you launch your own website is to have a domain name. The name of the domain is the name you like the website to use. It may be something, e.g. (carsforu.com etc.) as long as the domain is accessible and no two pages will use the very same name. Know, though, that a domain name is not a website, it’s simply a name you own. It’s like getting a lot of business cards produced without really owning a business. In order to acquire a domain name, you must pay an ongoing charge to the registrar to obtain the right to use the name. The easiest way to do this is to go to www.godaddy.com [http://web.archive.org/web/20150516083208/http://www.godaddy.com/]. This platform is the world’s largest domain name registrar, and you can conveniently get any name you like if you follow the steps below:
1) Go to the page and type the domain name you want in the search box for the domain name. It’s situated in the center of the page. When you enter the Go Daddy search, you can start searching for a domain name of your choosing. If the site is open, it will be displayed to you along with the price. If it’s already taken, Go Daddy will recommend some related choices that you should purchase instead. Remember to search thoroughly.Sometimes the domain name is only used in a particular extension, such as.info,.tv, etc.
2) After you have picked a domain name, Go Daddy can see if there are any extensions of that domain name. If there is a website, aim to get you to purchase them as well, always giving some form of discount. However, you need to look at your own financial situation before you determine whether or not to buy it.
3) The next move is to fill in the details needed for your domain name. If you already have a Go Daddy account, you can log in and use that detail. If you don’t have to build a new account right now, you can’t get a domain name without one. Also, if you apply with a company, be sure to include the name of the firm.
4) The next step you need to do is to register for how long you want the domain. You can do this on the Registration and Check-Options tab.
5) When you’re on the checkout tab, go over the shopping cart one more time and make sure you know precisely what you’re getting. Don’t neglect to read the Go Daddy Registration Agreement and Terms of Operation. After you make sure all is ok, press the Checkout Now icon. You’ll get your own domain name in a couple seconds.
The next thing you ought to do is buy a web hosting contract from Hostgator.com. You will do this by taking the following steps:
1) Go to www.hostgator.com and press the huge yellow button in the center of the page.
When you do this, the site will bring you three plans: the Hatchling Strategy, the Baby Plan and the Company Plan.
For those that are just beginning a website, I would prefer the Hatchling strategy as it is ideal for a single website. For the Baby Plan, you may get as many websites as you choose, whilst the Company Plan is only required if you choose to create a website that can accommodate credit card purchases without intervention from third parties such as Google Checkout.
2) The next move is to update the domain name. If you already have a domain name, enter it in the box on the right. However, if you want to purchase a domain and host it together from Hostgator, compose it in the left side box.
Then press on the yellow button that says it (CONTINUE TO STEP 2)
Using the “HGSITECOUPON25” coupon code to get 25 percent OFF with the hostgator.
3) Type your billing details on the last page and don’t forget to make sure that the email address you use is correct so you can get the full log-in information when you’re finished. When you have filled in and reviewed all the details, press the yellow button at the bottom of the page that says (CREATE ACCOUNT) and your account will be ready in a few moments.
There is, though, one really significant item you ought to note. If your hosting is from Hostgator and your domain name is from Go Daddy, you’ll need to update your name servers. It’s not that complicated to do, however it’s important. What you need to do is get the nameservers that Hostgator sends you in an email when you start an account and substitute those that you have with Go Daddy. You will do this by heading to Go Daddy’s domain management and editing the name servers to one from your email address. It will take 24 to 48 hours to make the transition possible. During this time, you can get access via the IP address if you want to switch data.
The last thing you need to do is install WordPress. If you have a Hostgator account, you can install it way more quickly by QuickInstall than through a lengthy manual installation process:
1. Log in to the Control Panel of your plans
2. Go to the App Resources segment and press the QuickInstall button.
3. Go to the Blog App and then hit WordPress.
4. Then press the Proceed icon.
5. Fill out the URL of the document, if appropriate, and then fill in all other choices and divisions (the blog title etc)
6. Now, press Install Now!
7. You can see a “Congratulations” once WordPress has completed downloading. “Message like the one below with a link to press outlined in pink. Click the connection, and you’ll be brought to your newly installed WordPress site!
If this whole procedure was performed right, the website should have been created in 10 minutes.