Software security for computers has always been a major concern for computers. People spend a lot trying to secure thier PC’s but are they aware that their mobile phones are equally vulnerable to hacking, jailbreaks and malware. Anyhow, in case you are an apple user, they provide excellent apps for mobile security. The most famous of them are as follows:
1. Kryptos: It is an app for voice communication (encrypted) and uses AES encryption (256 bit) for maintaining the security of VoIP calls. Key exchanges are excecuted through 2048 bit RSA. All you need to do is install the software and activate it. The app is a free download. Anyhow the users will have to pay $10 for the establishment of a secure peer to peer service. Anyhow the amount is worth considering the importance of the of this app for the security of your mobile.
2. Norton Snap: This app basically a reader which reads QR codes and protects us against those Qr codes which could be potentially dangerous. This software app by Norton provides exactly the same services on your mobile phone that it provides to your PC, thus it does not need any explanations regarding its performance. This app protects from the following threats: unsafe websites, phishing, hacking, misuse of wifi. Norton snap is a totally free app and can easily be obtained from Norton Labs.
3. Find my iphone: This is an awesome and very very useful app. It helps Apple phone owners locate their phones in case they lose it or someone steals it. And locating your phone means that it will inform you about the exact location of your phone no matter wherever it is. The details of the lost or stolen phone can be obtained on a separate iOS device. Furthermore, in case the app is unable to locate the device, it will erase all of the users vital information from the phone. All one needs to make the app active is a MobileMe account or an iCloud account. This account can be availed for free in case you have iOS 5 or OS X Lion.
4. Foscam Surveillance Pro: This app is quite useful for people are concerned with the security of their business or residence sitting at a remote location. It works in the following manner. Install a Foscam IP camera at the location you wish to monitor when you are away. Now you can observe the location as per the views from those cameras via your iphone. Cool isn’t it.
5. Alarm: This app can be downloaded from Alarm.com. This app helps in controlling the security systems of ones residence or business when not there. One can easily activate or deactivate the security system. It informs the uses about security threats, breakdowns, etc. no matter wherever he is. So you won’t have to worry about your home or work at all while being somewhere else. It also lets you allow access to certain people to enter the premises. Anyhow, one will have to subscribe to Alarm.com’s service plan in order to access this app.
So use all these apps and secure your iphone. Best of luck.